The Greater Beech Grove Chamber of Commerce is looking for an executive director who will be an ambassador, cheerleader and business advocate for our Chamber and community. Do you love a challenge? Do you enjoy interacting with a wide variety of people? Do you want to have an impact on the economic outlook for our community? Do you have fundraising or event planning experience? If so, you can find out more about this part-time, 25-hour per week position below and clicking on “Apply Here” at the bottom.
Job Title: Executive Director – Greater Beech Grove Chamber of Commerce
Reports To: Board of Directors
Job Function: The Executive Director is the Chief Administrative Officer of the organization and is responsible for coordinating Chamber activities, including the coordination of the program of work, organizational structure and procedures, motivation of volunteers, income and expenditures, maintenance and growth of membership, employment and supervision of staff and/or volunteers, interpretation of policy, marketing and administration of the Chamber office. The Executive Director is the “public relations officer” for the organization, and its primary contact for all business and member transactions. All duties are subject to the direction of the Board of Directors.
This position is part-time, 25 hours per week with no employee benefits provided.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Three to Five years of administrative, marketing and/or sales experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and public relations skills.
- Knowledge of financial statements and accounting procedures including proficiency in Quickbooks is desirable.
- Social media and website editing skills.
- A working knowledge of Chambers of Commerce or other nonprofit organizations, including the principles of volunteer management and program administration preferred.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Membership Development
- Responsible for the development of new membership.
- Responsible for the membership retention program and maintaining membership at a level which will insure necessary revenue for the successful operation of the Chamber, by working with the Membership Committee.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate systems to support membership retention and growth.
- Serve as primary recruiter/salesperson for new Chamber members and member retention.
- Marketing and Sales
- Responsible for the design and implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan that achieves the Chamber’s annual budget revenue goals.
- Responsible for the design and production of all internal and external marketing tools, including Chamber event promotional items, website and social media, newsletter, membership sales materials, signage, presentation materials and all other items related to the marketing of the Chamber and its services.
- Work with the Finance Committee and other committee chairs to produce an annual operating budget, prior to the end of the fiscal year, including revenue sources and estimated annual expenses.
- Board Development
- Identify and advise the directors on trends in Chamber operations and programs.
- Propose programs for consideration by the Board.
- Review and evaluate Chamber needs.
- Identify and provide assistance in resolving community and Chamber problems.
- Analyze and interpret the needs of the members and translate them into programs that are consistent with the fundamental objectives and policies of the Chamber.
- Responsible for carrying out plans and programs of the Board in accordance with established policies.
- Community Relations
- Identify and recruit volunteers to assist in shaping organizational directions through the Board, Committees and Task Forces.
- Develop methods of supporting and recognizing volunteers.
- Actively promote the Chamber of Commerce to the community.
- Actively promote Beech Grove as a desirable place to live, work, visit and do business.
- Maintain a positive relationship with other organizations in the Beech Grove area.
- Build a positive image through media communication.
- Establish and maintain a satisfactory working relationship with community leaders, public and elected officials, private and public agencies.
- Be actively engaged through service clubs, attending events and participating in a professional manner in/or as part of the community.
- Oversee preparation of all Chamber publications and communications.
- Responsible for maintaining a program of work consistent with the Chamber mission.
- Work with the Board on annual goals and objectives then develop a plan for how to achieve them.
- Collaborate with the Board in the development of, and revisions to, a multi-year strategic plan for the Chamber as well as assist in creating action plans to meet these long-term goals.
- Staff and/or Volunteer Development
- Recruit, hire and train staff or volunteers, and administer an effective personnel program, which includes job descriptions, performance standards, appraisals and salary administration; all within the framework of the approved budget and program of work.
- Serve as a representative of the Board for all contacts with the Chamber staff.
- Assist the Board, committees, members and the staff in interpretation of policy in relation to any given question of program.
- Prepare statements of Chamber position on public issues that are relevant to the Chamber with the assistance and input of the Board.